Not all cross trainers are created equal. Cross training refers to working various parts of the body by combining different exercises in a variety of ways. Typically one activity or sport trains certain parts of the body but not others. Cross training aims to eliminate this. Cross trainers are generally non-impact machines – sometimes called “ellipticals” – which refers to a specific motion. All ellipticals are cross trainers but not all cross trainers are ellipticals.
More results in less time. Research shows that the CYBEX Arc Trainer burns more calories than any other cross trainer or elliptical cross trainer tested. The science behind the Arc Trainer’s big calorie burn is the Arc motion. It engages the right muscles – quads and glutes – that demand lots of energy from the body when they are called upon to work. That means big calorie burn. And ... because the Arc is demanding of the muscles – not the joints, it can be used longer without putting a strain on the knees, hip or back.
Train for strength, power, endurance, cardio, and weight loss. The CYBEX Arc Trainer offers broad incline and resistance ranges which mean it is really 3 machines in one. At the lower incline levels, the “glide” is a cross country skier. In the mid-range levels, the motion is a “stride” (like an elliptical except with proper positioning). At the high levels, the “climb” of a stepper or climber. Glide, Stride, and Climb. And ... lots of programs also make the Arc Trainer fun to use.
No more “elliptical knees”. Unlike other cross trainers on the market the patented Arc pattern of motion allows the hip and knee to move synchronously while the foot stays under the knee reducing joint pains and providing a more comfortable workout.
- Product Dimensions 77 x 36.7 x 62.5 in
- Product Weight 331 Lbs.
- User Weight Limit 400 lbs
- Incline Range 21 Incline Levels
- Resistance Range 18 – 900 watts
- Display Large LED display of profile; Message bar display of Distance, Calories, Calories/hr, METs, Watts, Strides/min, Heart Rate; Lower display of Time, Incline and Resistance Level
- Programs Quick Start, plus 9 programs with 10 levels including Heart
- Rate control plus 2 Advanced programs and 9 Custom Programs